Captain Claw — Docks at Night (custom level)
This custom level was built by me (Zuczek) a few years ago, but I decided to record it, because it is easy to play and very enjoyable, I think. Don’t forget to rate this video, comment (if you like) and susbcribe to my channel if you haven’t yet.
Remember that you can download Claw for free from The Claw Recluse Site: http://kapitanpazur.piasta.pl
The Claw Recluse: http://kapitanpazur.piasta.pl
This video is a small guide which shows how to download for free Captain Claw, how to install it and play. The game is available to download from The Claw Recluse Site as it is shown. This video was recorded by means of my camcorder.
Here’s the list of actions that I recorded:
1. I ran the borwser (Internet Explorer), entered The Claw Recluse and downloaded the RIP version of Claw (only 29MB)
2. I unpacked the ZIP archive, ran the installator, installed the game, registered it and launched.
3. I created a new player profile, ran the first level and shown how to type cheats.
4. I downloaded Custom Levels, unpacked them, pasted into CUSTOM folder (in CLAW directory) and loaded one in the game.
5. I showed how to host a multiplayer game, skipped how to join the game, but as I mentioned in the video, everything is written in The Claw Recluse.
6. I advertised the DVD version of Claw — it contains cutscenes, polish language version files and some extras.
NOTE! This is not an advertisement of The Claw Recluse site — this video was intended to help people download Claw for free and play it with no problems!
Sometimes I start with less than 100hp, but no hp is lost in the boss fights themselves.
1. Le Raux. When he’s backed against a wall he slides forward and stabs you. Just keep him away from walls and spam high slash attacks.
2. Katherine. One of the hardest bosses for this type of challenge. Like LeRaux, keep her in the middle of the arena. If she gets close to a wall she uses her cartwheel attack.
3. Wolvington. Get in close ASAP. If he starts spamming magic attacks you’ll definitely take damage. The idea behind the pistol shots is to distract him so that he can’t do that. When close, alternate between hitting him and ducking his return slash, his patterns are predictable.
4. Gabriel. Pretty hard. I got lucky when I was playing him. I narrowly missed bombs twice, and barely avoided mid-air collision with a Red Tail Guard.
5. Marrow. LONG. Be wary of mental fatigue. The parrot can be hit with a sword or bullets (the advantage of using a sword is that it doesn’t cause Marrow to start shooting back at you), I used bullets for this one.
6. Aquatis. Really easy. There’s no unpredictability, you just go ahead and execute a strategy. Zuczek throws dynamite from the shore, and that’s probably the better way, but I’m used to throwing from the brick so that’s what I did here.
7. Red Tail. Kind of a luck based fight. If he throws knives down at you you’ll get hurt, if he uses his wind power you’ll get hurt, if he does neither of those things you can get up on the platform, jump like crazy, and pray. I nearly take damage at the end. He whips out his pistol and is a frame or two away from shooting when I land that final blow.
8. Omar. So many things are trying to hurt you, and it’s long as hell. I have the 1.3 patch which means Omar takes 4 hits to kill (instead of 8 or 10 or whatever). Pistol shots will distract him and stop him firing magic blasts.
This video was recorded by Teo phil, who’s playing here his first custom level — Treasure Island. Level released in 2002 is still considered as one of the best custom levels based on tileset from Tiger Island.
The Claw Recluse Site: http://www.kapitanpazur.piasta.pl/ Full version for free. The site is available in 9 languages! Find yours or help us translating it to your mother tongue!
Download Claw for free at The Claw Recluse! http://www.kapitanpazur.piasta.pl/en/index.html
This is a playthrough of a level I made in 2007. I was kind of rusty but still did okay. Recorded with Fraps, subtitles added in VirtualDub, encoded using DivX (x.264 had better quality but Youtube wouldn’t encode it properly).
Note: the final few seconds are missing. Fraps creates a new file every 4gb (I didn’t realise this at the time), and this one was right over the limit, so I have a few seconds of this video left on my hard drive. It wasn’t anything important, just the end of the scoring screen.
Shows how to defeat the most skilled enemies in the game. I used my custom level — TigerGuard Challenge, because it was built to learn how to get by among the tigers.
The Claw Recluse site: http://kapitanpazur.piasta.pl/
Click here, if you want to download this level: http://kapitanpazur.piasta.pl/clevels/zuczek/tgc.zip